Hecht & Associates is a boutique family law firm in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland. We are currently seeking an experienced Paralegal to perform critical support work to our attorneys to prepare and provide excellent service to our clients and prospective clients.
As a small firm, this position provides the opportunity to work on a wide variety of cases in greater depth and with greater autonomy than traditional large firms. This role will be integral to the firm’s success in producing high quality and detailed work for our clients.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating with clients on a regular basis, keeping them up to date on the status of their case, court dates, etc.
- Management of attorney’s calendars to include court dates, motion and pleading deadlines, depositions, and tickling other crucial dates necessary for thorough case management.
- Preparation and filing of various motions and pleadings, including Complaints, Answers, discovery motions, etc.
- Preparation and organization of discovery requests, responses, and index of all discovery responses received and sent out.
- Preparation and management of third-party document requests.
- Filing and organization of client files, including all correspondence, pleadings, motions, discovery, etc.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Diploma in paralegal studies with ideally 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with Family Law and Family Law court system considered a plus.
- High degree of computer literacy required including proficiency in MSOffice, Office365, Adobe Acrobat and ability to quickly learn other software programs used by Family Law practitioners.
- Strong writing and editing skills, interpersonal communication skills and the ability to carry out instructions efficiently to completion with or without direct supervision.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and a team player.
- Ability to prioritize workload; adapt to changing conditions and must be customer service oriented with experience multitasking and working under tight deadlines.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Elizabeth Keyser, firstname.lastname@example.org.