Hecht & Associates is a boutique family law firm in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland. We are currently seeking a Legal Receptionist to perform critical administrative level functions in a very fast paced and rewarding environment.
The firm seeks to provide all of its clients and prospective clients with the highest levels of customer service. As the main receptionist you will be the firm’s first line of communication with our clients and partners. Positivity, responsiveness and a welcoming attitude are key to success in this role and to the firm.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Receives visitors professionally and responds to inquiries from existing and potential clients as well as court staff.
- Answers phones and routes calls to appropriate offices, takes detailed messages and intake information.
- Helps advise potential clients of the firm’s services on initial inquiry phone calls.
- Job hours: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and must be on time for office hours to effectively manage high volume of incoming calls and visitors.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains all filing systems.
- Maintains efficient, professional, office procedures and methods including a professional record keeping system, enabling the archiving and retrieving of documents in a timely matter.
- Provides assistance in sorting incoming mails, as well as in processing outgoing mails.
- Creates various forms for effective correspondence, and performs data entry and general administrative tasks, such as scanning and filing of documents.
- Provides support to paralegals, the office manager, and other staff, for the smooth operation of the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must have professional communication skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- The ideal candidate will have a friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to multi task.
- A demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications and a strong ability and affinity for office computer programs with capacity to learn new software applications.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentially of all client information. Handle highly sensitive and confidential reports and correspondence.
- An ability to work in a fast pace, high-energy environment is a key to success in this position.
- Room for advancement based on ability and willingness to learn and by demonstrating proactive thinking in problem solving and support for the office.
Requirements: A.S. degree preferred in Business or applicable discipline or 1-3 years of administrative/clerical experience required.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Elizabeth Keyser, email@example.com.