it matters the most.
Family law matters are complex, deeply personal and also very stressful for clients, their families and their friends. Our team understands the various challenges our clients face in cases involving difficult life decisions in divorce, child support, and child custody. We are here to help.
Hecht & Associates is a well-established divorce and family law firm, with 50+ years combined experience, located in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland. Our team is dedicated to aggressively representing our clients to help them reach their goals and to help them find peace of mind.
Please contact us anytime to discuss your family law needs or to schedule a consultation with the firm by calling 301-587-2099.
WHAT MAKES HECHT & ASSOCIATES THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOU?
Our commitment to the highest quality research, analysis and case preparation is unparalleled. Whether working in or outside the court for our clients, we strive to provide effective legal representation to clients with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
At Hecht & Associates, we pride ourselves on the personal approach we take with each case. Our team takes the time to get to know all of our clients individually; we learn what their needs and goals are so that we can work toward a resolution that reduces conflict, provides satisfaction and peace of mind. As a boutique firm solely focused on Family Law, we are selective in the amount of cases we take on to ensure we can provide every client with the time and attention he or she needs and deserves.
Not only do we take pride in our approach to client care, but we are also supported by a rich network of relationships built over the past decade. Our substantial field experience has helped the team make important connections with local lawyers, judges, noted financial and custody experts, business owners, and individuals. These relationships combined with our expertise in the inner workings of the family court and family law system has proven to be a huge asset to our clients.
WHAT KINDS OF CASES DOES HECHT & ASSOCIATES TYPICALLY HANDLE?
From high-conflict and financially complex divorces to contentious custody disputes, including interstate custody disputes, Hecht & Associates has the knowledge, experience, and resources to protect our clients’ interests and needs.
We employ an impressive team of litigators and support staff dedicated to quality services to our clients. Issues and cases we regularly handle include:
- Divorce, separations, and annulments
- Complex cases, such as military divorces, same-sex divorces, high-asset divorces, and contested divorces
- Child custody, visitation schedules, and parenting plans
- Child support
- Property division
- Negotiation and mediation
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Modification of family law court orders
- Contempt of court cases
- Valuation of assets and family businesses
- Disclosure of assets and uncovering hidden resources
- QDROs and pension and retirement distribution
IN WHAT JURISDICTIONS DOES HECHT & ASSOCIATES PRACTICE?
While our office is located in Montgomery County, our attorneys are licensed to practice in all of Maryland and the District of Columbia. Hecht & Associates regularly practices in surrounding cities and counties such as Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore, as well as in Washington DC.
HOW CAN A FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY BENEFIT YOUR CASE?
Family law issues are weighty and complex; most people greatly benefit from having legal representation to defend their rights and to navigate the highly complex governing laws and statutes.
Representing yourself (called filing pro se) when there are highly important issues on the line—like your children and your assets—is very risky. There are just too many laws, rules, and procedures you need to know in order to be successful in the family law court system. It is far better to have a legal professional handle the details to preserve your rights and to help you and your family come to the best possible resolution with the least amount of conflict.
As your counsel we are able to help:
- Explain your legal options to you and counsel you on the best way to proceed with your case to get the results you want.
- Help you think of creative solutions to issues such as child visitation, property division, and paying and collecting child support back payments.
- Assist you in collecting the proof and paperwork you need to support your case.
- Draft and file all the necessary forms and documents.
- Review any documents or offers your soon-to-be-ex’s attorney provides, and scrutinize it for fairness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Facilitate negotiations and mediation.
- Help you handle any hiccups in your case, e.g., an ex that will not pay child support.
- Provide you with staunch representation at hearings, ensuring the judge gets a clear picture of your stance.
- Explain the litigation process to you in an easy-to-understand way, and help you prepare for court.
- Advocate for your and your children’s best interests.
- Connect you with field experts that can help strengthen your case, such as economic experts, caseworkers, and other specialists.
- Make ourselves readily available to answer your important questions and keep you in the loop as to the status of your case.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
We welcome questions and feedback. To inquire about our services or to schedule a consult, call us at 301-587-2099 or fill out our contact form. Someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Feel free to have a list of questions handy for our initial consultation, as well as any notes you have about the important aspects of your case. You are welcome to ask about our history of success and our credentials, as well as any questions regarding family law matters relevant to your case.
We look forward to hearing from you.